Public Works - Code Enforcement
Good Neighbor Tips
211 Information Bank
or Dial 211
Utah Government Online Services
Utah Department of Workforce Services
Dial 801 526-work (9675)
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
Dial 801 581-5162
Services for Seniors
Dial 801 978-2452
Utah Food Bank
- Kidney Foundation
Dial 800 869-5277
- American Lung Assn.
Dial 801 355-7085
Being a good Neighbor
We all want to live in a strong, safe, sustainable community. By sharing your time, talent and available resources you are making Salt Lake County neighborhoods some of the most desirable places to live, work, raise a family and feel safe. Use the information provided to involve your family, neighbors and friends in the process of educating them with tips, suggestions and reminders of what it takes to be a good neighbor.
Are You A Good Neighbor?
Did you know Salt Lake County has Zoning Ordinances that govern the use of your property?
Helpful Good Neighbor Tips
• Keep your home properly identified for emergency situations.
• Keep your yard groomed on a regular basis.
• Keep sidewalks free from any obstructions such as bushes growing into the sidewalk path, tree limbs hanging lower than seven feet and vehicles.
• Clean up after your pets.
• Keep noise level to a minimum.
• Park vehicles where designated (not on sidewalk or lawn).
• Limit number of vehicles on street.
• Dispose of excess trash and debris.
• Retrieve trash cans by midnight on your
Seasonal Suggestions• Keep all walkways free from snow and ice.
• Do not let weeds or grassy areas exceed 6 inches in height.
• Clean gutters regularly.
• Prevent standing water which attract and breed mosquitoes.
• Plant perennials for the upcoming year.
• Utilize the Dumpster Placement Program in the Spring.